Meet Our Pastors and Staff
Pastor Brian Ninedorf accepted the call as Senior Pastor of FBC New London in the summer of 2014. He graduated from Hannibal-LaGrange College in 1991 with a Bachelor of Arts in the Bible. He went on to earn his Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth Texas. Pastor Brian met and married his wife Lesle while at Hannibal-LaGrange College. They have two children, Daniel and Allie. They also have a new grandson Ellis. Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathlyn Broemmer is the most valuable member of our staff. She is in many ways the backbone of the church. She has worked at FBC for about 40 years and knows everything and everybody in the church. She can answer every church-related question and does it with a smile. Email her at: email@example.com
Minister of Music
Lon Sitton and his wife Liz moved up from Texas when Lon accepted the call as Minister of Music at FBC New London during the summer of 2017. Lon earned a Bachelor of Music at Texas Tech University and loves to lead the church the worship of our King. Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Missions Pastor
James David serves as the Youth and Missions pastor at FBC of New London Missouri. When James was saved at a young age the Lord generated a work in him to be passionate about the Word of God and sharing the gospel message with all those around him. After pursuing education in the Bible, he desires to continue spreading the good news around the world alongside his bride Jasmine. James says, “When I am old and gray and reflecting on my life I hope to be able to say that I persistently shared and continue to share the gospel in all stages of my life.” Email him at: email@example.com
Beth McMillen loves kiddos! She has four of her own and they are all very active in the church. She is passionate about the gospel and is willing to go out of her way to help your children grow in the Lord. Eamil her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and Beliefs
We are a body of believers who belong to Jesus and to one another. We worship God with hearts overflowing with His grace and His love for us. We reach out to the world with the good news of Jesus Christ so that everyone would come to know Jesus as their Savior.
First Baptist Church New London is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention. The Baptist Faith and Message is the official doctrinal statement of the SBC and serves as a guide to understanding what we believe as a church. The topics here provide only a brief, partial summary. Click HERE to see the full text of The Baptist Faith and Message.
- The Scriptures - The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter.
- God - There is one and only one living and true God. …The eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- God the Father - God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe, His creatures, and the flow of the stream of human history according to the purposes of His grace. …God is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- God the Son - Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. …He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His death on the cross, He made provision for the redemption of men from sin.
- God the Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. …He exalts Christ. He convicts of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. …He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
- Man - Man was created by the special act of God, in His own image, and is the crowning work of His creation. …By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. … The sacredness of human personality is evident in that God created man in His own image, and in that Christ died for man; therefore every man possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- Salvation - Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, sanctification, and glorification.
- God's Purpose of Grace - Election is the gracious purpose of God, according to which He regenerates, sanctifies, and glorifies sinners. …All true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.
- The Church - A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers who are associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel…and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. …This church is an autonomous body. …The New Testament speaks also of the church as the body of Christ, which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages.
- Baptism and the Lord's Supper - Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water as an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby believers memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
- The Lord's Day - The first day of the week is the Lord’s Day. …It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead and should be employed in exercises of worship and spiritual devotion.
- Last Things - God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. …Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly…the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell. …The righteous… will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.
- Evangelism and Missions - It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and every church of the Lord Jesus Christ to endeavor to make disciples of all nations … to seek constantly to win the lost to Christ by personal effort.
- Stewardship - God is the source of all blessings, temporal and spiritual; all that we have and are we owe to Him. Christians have a spiritual debtorship to the whole world, a holy trusteeship in the gospel, and a binding stewardship in their possessions. They are therefore under obligation to serve Him with their time, talents, and material possessions.
- Family - God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. Marriage is the unity of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. The husband and wife are equal in worth before God, since both are created in God’s image. The marriage relationship models the way God relates to His people. …Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord.